logo
Home Forums Fly Patterns Entomology Articles Basic Skills Reviews Classifed Ads Photo Gallery Links Auctions  
IDAHO MONTANA OREGON WASHINGTON

Click here to learn about advertising

Recent Feature Articles

What Trout Unlimited is Doing in SW Oregon Dean Finnerty, TU's man for SW Oregon, tells Wetfly how, what, and why he is tasked with protecting salmon and steelhead in the Elk River and Oregon O and C Lands. And what the heck is an "O and C"? MP3 audio, about 12:30. by Scott Richmond 

Other Articles of Interest

The Official Westfly Glossary  Find out what it all means.

Unlimited Helpful Hints  Fly fishing tips compiled by Westflyers.

Outside Hub Partner

Board Etiquette and Behavior Standards    How to Post Photos

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#709924 - 11/11/12 09:40 PM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Capt'n Insano]
Scott Butner Offline
Seattle-based band, The Januariez, playing at our local all-ages venue, Ray's Golden Lion.

Great bluesy vocals, with a punk edge.

I find out on Tuesday whether or not I'll get to shoot Alice Cooper's performance here in Tri Cities next week, should be fun if I get the press credentials we've requested (I'll be shooting the concert for our local daily paper).

Wish there were a way to shoot music full time (and make a living at it). it's really some of my favorite work.

DSC_2624-2 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

#709925 - 11/11/12 09:54 PM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Scott Butner]
Scott Butner Offline
random shot from last night, too tired to go to a show but had to take some pictures to keep happy....

DSC_3978 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

#709926 - 11/11/12 10:56 PM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Scott Butner]
Scott Butner Offline
one more rock and roll shot

DSC_2333-2 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

#709967 - 11/13/12 12:09 AM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Scott Butner]
Capt'n Insano Offline
just got back a scan of this recent painting...

"Totem"
22" X 30"
it was a fun one

#709968 - 11/13/12 12:12 AM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Capt'n Insano]
Capt'n Insano Offline
I don't always like to paint in a realist way...sometimes I like to make stuff up based on imagery I have seen and experienced...to have fun with paint...you get it or ya don't...this one may be sold already...waiting to find out...which would be goodish...

#710025 - 11/14/12 09:07 AM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Capt'n Insano]
Canuck from KS Offline
Hey Skip,

Love the totem.

Having spent time in the high arctic, I am very partial to inuksuit (plural for inuksuk - cairn). You find them all over the place and in the middle of nowhere in the tundra, pointing you the way. They are always a welcome site.

cheers

#710027 - 11/14/12 10:05 AM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Canuck from KS]
Capt'n Insano Offline
Thank you very much I do like t work with symbolic subjects.

#710048 - 11/14/12 09:19 PM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Capt'n Insano]
Orygoner Offline
Nice to see you back on this site Skip. I could see your work on your FB page, but I like it here best.

I am getting along pretty well with the new hip. The Physical Therapist tells me I'm ahead of schedule and the Dr. likes his work. Good by me.

I ramped back up on the Arctic Char that I had basically carved before the operation. Got him to the point that he could stands on his own "legs". I always like that point in a carving. These photos don't show him in his final position. The nose will not be pointing so far down (and, hence, his tail won't be bumping the branch). But, it's close enough to give you the idea. I hope to finish the rocks and branch tomorrow.

The fish will be connected with a bit of boomarang shaped aluminum, courtesy of Koffler's scrap pile. oldsmile

The paired fins won't be connected until after the painting is finished. I just stuck the photo side fins in for the pic.

#710052 - 11/14/12 09:35 PM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Orygoner]
Capt'n Insano Offline
That's great ...you carvers of wood are amazing!...Your planning and patience are enviable...

#710062 - 11/15/12 06:40 AM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Orygoner]
GmH Offline
Glad to hear you are feeling better. The Char looks like his ready for some paint. Looking good.

My Wood Carvings

#710074 - 11/15/12 08:53 AM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: GmH]
Scott Butner Offline
very cool, Randy. Glad to hear the hip is coming along!

#710114 - 11/16/12 07:38 AM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Scott Butner]
Scott Butner Offline
fun goofing around session w/ my friend Ashley last night:

DSC_5196 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

DSC_5157-Edit by Scott Butner, on Flickr

DSC_5191 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

DSC_5278-Edit-Edit by Scott Butner, on Flickr

#710153 - 11/16/12 10:37 PM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Scott Butner]
Capt'n Insano Offline
finished this painting today...

"Vervain"
15" X22"

based on a little vista in my garden, I really like the contrast of natural and manufactured forms...a bit compositionally meandering but i like to build complicated compositions...

#710154 - 11/16/12 11:31 PM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Capt'n Insano]
Scott Butner Offline
nothing complicated here. just a falling cat.

the Nikon speedlight has a repeat flash mode, allowing you to fire the strobe once and get multiple flashes (up to 100 times/sec in fact!).

took some repeated attempts to get the right frequency so the kitty would show up as non-overlapping images.

DSC_5383 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

#710157 - 11/17/12 08:42 AM Re: Novermber 2012 Arts & Crafts [Re: Scott Butner]
FinLuver Offline
I don't get it...Why would someone tattoo "Failure" on themselves?

Especially, someone as beautiful as her.

As it has been said..."beauty is only skin deep"...

oldfrown

Scott...love the falling cat!

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  Uncle Fuzzy 

ABOUT WESTFLY

Westfly is a non-profit corporation and the leading website for western fly anglers.

More About Westfly

Contact Us

Site Map

Donating to Westfly

List of Advertisers

How to Advertise

Advertising Policy

SPECIAL SERVICES

Publicizing events in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington.

Customized river and fishing report tables for Idaho, Montana Oregon, Washington.

Customized daily emails of river conditons, new articles, classified ads, etc. Start, change, or cancel.

Classified ads